We never thought the virus like COVID-19 and the days like lockdown in our life. Many private and government schools have started online education due to the school being closed during the lockdown.
But this kind of arrangement is new to all the students and as well as parents, Most of the parents are concerning about this online system. According to them, these online education is burden for parents. Due to lack of time teachers are not spending time with students individually.
By this virtual online education, We’ve experienced a lot that, how the current technology of teaching is. And this experiences made us to realize the importance of schools, collages and classrooms.
Now let’s have a look at the major differences between online and offline education.
Online Education – Online Education is a very flexible learning system that allows students to study solely via the internet on their own computer at home, or wherever they see fit.
Advantages of online education:
- time Flexibility: Online classes offer a lot of flexibility regarding many things like time, recording lectures as well as personal space. In online classes the student has to be in strict discipline, to maintain which there are a lot of restrictions.
- No travel: You don’t need to rush with traffic anymore, the facility of online classes will not let you travel physically to attend the class.
- Planned work : the online classes are so planned that you can feel the function of the library virtually. Play classes, join the online tests, download the study materials, and you can learn tips and tricks from e-books too!
- Tools of learning : Online learning provides many channels through which students and instructors interact with each other, including email, online chat, and video conferences. Whereas in classrooms there is only one way of teaching i.e. is one to all learning method.
- Time Management: In online classes you can finish your classes in about one-third of the time it takes you on campus. Whereas in traditional classes every process has to be detailed which takes time.
- Concentration : Group contact tends to be continually maintained in online classes and the main focus is always studies and no extra activities, whereas students in class always find a way to gossip and distract the class.
Offline education or traditional education.
Also referred to as traditional training. Offline Education means a student needs to go in a school, in a classroom, and attend a class face to face with a teacher.
- Collaborative learning: The classroom environment has always proved to be essential to promote and stimulate collaborative learning. Collaborative learning increases a student’s self-awareness about how other students learn and enables them to learn more easily and effectively, transforming them into keen learners inside and beyond classroom.
- Social Interaction: In classrooms, it makes it possible for students to have direct engagements with instructors and students. With this mode of learning, students are capable of having detailed discussions, asking lots of questions and covering many concepts in one topic. That will, in the long run, improve student performance and competence in the field of specialization.
- Practical Learning : Practical learning apart from Computer science is only possible in traditional classes. For Example all the science practical, Art classes etc. are not possible in Online Classes.
In my opinion, offline classroom environment is better than online environment. We are social beings and switching to the online mode of learning permanently can steal the valuable things from life such as friendships, learning from each other, interactions with teachers and society, behavior development, coping with situations, helping each other and solving problems, teamwork etc. Online classroom is not natural by any means; however, it is the best option in absence of teaching resources and learning materials.
“Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world”– Nelson Mandela.